The role of brand manager is a new position within the marketing team of Thought Machine, a rapidly growing, high-tech start-up. As we grow, we recognise that we need to evolve our approach to all things brand, from strategy to governance to execution.
The role holder will be a creative at heart that will shape the company’s outward image. You will be able to distil the CEO’s vision and ambitions into a brand strategy influencing everything that bears our name or form, our identity, style guides, templates, messaging, sales collateral, campaigns and employer brand.
You will be the guardian for the brand who, over time, educates all employees on the importance of consistency and clarity of identity and message. You will be instrumental in executing marketing campaigns, leading on the creation and delivery of materials including sales collateral, presentations, social shareables, event assets, videos working with your colleagues within marketing and the wider business.
You will combine your strong graphic design acumen with your planning and management skills. Managing your workload and that of your team to ensure the right projects and tasks are prioritised whilst also ensuring we work with the right agencies at the right time and working to a budget.
· Constructing brand and creative strategies, including the setting of the style guides, brand guidelines and brand vision working with stakeholders across the business
· Planning and execution of all creative assets used for internal and external purposes inc marketing lead generation campaigns
· Creating and managing sales collateral and asset libraries
· Managing associated agencies, budgets and deliverables
· Managing the workload and workflow of branding requests for the brand team
· Championing the brand internally making sure all elements of the company understand the brand and its goals
· Presenting the brand strategy to directors and sales and marketing teams at internal meetings and conferences
· Seek out new marketing opportunities that fit with the brand and maximising all opportunities for growth
· Oversee branded merchandise and stationery
· 5+ years of related brand management experience
· Degree in graphic design or related professional qualifications preferred
· Good written English and presentation skills
· Strong graphic design skills with a good eye of what good looks like
· Highly skilled across graphic design and publishing software such as adobe creative suite and InDesign
· Confident and dynamic personality that is willing to roll up the sleeves to drive change and results
· Experience of working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining high quality outputs
· Excellent communication skills and able to build rapport with a wide range of contacts
· Good project management and workflow skills and comfortable working to tight deadlines
· People management skills preferred but not essential