Thought Machine, one of the UK's leading fintech companies, is undergoing a period of rapid expansion and is looking to hire a number of candidates in the role of Back End Engineer.
Our mission is to cure one of the banking industry's primary problems: its reliance on outdated IT infrastructure. Nearly every bank is stuck on a legacy IT platform, which cripples their ability to innovate and give their customers the type of service they deserve.
Our solution to this is Vault: a complete retail banking platform that is capable of being configured easily to suit the needs of any bank. We have built Vault from the ground up as a cloud native, microservice API architecture platform. Thought Machine has a deep culture of engineering excellence, and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine is looking for highly talented individuals to help grow the company and achieve our ambitious goal. We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we strive hard to create the best possible working environment; a healthy mix of great technical work, fast pace, supportive atmosphere, and of course our irreverent sense of fun.
Thought Machine hires team members of excellent calibre in every role. While a lot will be asked of you, you will benefit greatly from working in a world class team, with colleagues who excel. Working at Thought Machine is fast paced and team oriented with an emphasis in delivering the highest quality work in every role.
Thought Machine is building a strong cloud security team to protect the next generation cloud based retail banking solution. Thought Machine is building a cloud native, service provider agnostic, container based modern solution. The cloud security team is tasked to review the architecture and develop automation tooling to define the best in class protective and detective security controls. Thought Machine is looking for a high caliber cloud security expert join the security team.
• Provide security expertise and perform high-level technical reviews of applications and use cases that are moving to many Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure or GCP).
• Solution and build Cloud Native Detective and Responsive controls in AWS, Azure and/or GCP that enforce the security baseline at scale, and when necessary integrate with open source and vendor tools.
• Build automation to actively audit the infrastructure for security misconfigurations of AWS, Azure or GCP.
• Collaboratively work with developers and devops administrators to implement and integrate Cloud Security solutions.
• Supports compliance initiatives (contractual, regulatory, and internal) by creating and delivering appropriate data-driven dashboards, reports, and other supporting artifacts.
• Work with cloud operations team to develop cloud monitoring tooling, design and develop scripts needed for troubleshooting and resolution of security or compliance issues.
• Maintain knowledge of the latest cloud security threats.
• Experience in a relevant technology field, such as software engineering, with current experience being in a technical security role.
• Experience designing, developing, administering, and/or maintaining the security of cloud environments such as AWS, MS Azure or GCP, with a clear passion for cloud security and cloud technologies.
• Extensive knowledge of cloud networking architecture, cloud operations, security, automation and orchestration.
• Experience in building and deploying applications on the Cloud, using CI/CD frameworks and Infrastructure automation, such as: Terraform, Jenkins.
• Experience with languages such as:, Python, Go, Bash
• Experience in version control systems such as: Git
• Knowledge of data security requirements in the cloud aligned with PCI, GDPR
• Knowledge of Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) Cloud Controls Matrix.
• Familiarity with security issues associated with containers, distributed systems, and large-scale web applications.