Thought Machine, one of the UK's leading fintech companies, is undergoing a period of rapid expansion and is looking to hire a Commercial Negotiator
Our mission is to cure one of the banking industry's primary problems: its reliance on outdated IT infrastructure. Nearly every bank is stuck on a legacy IT platform, which cripples their ability to innovate and give their customers the type of service they deserve.
Our solution to this is Vault: a complete retail banking platform that is capable of being configured easily to suit the needs of any bank. We have built Vault from the ground up as a cloud native, microservice API architecture platform. Thought Machine has a deep culture of engineering excellence, and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine is looking for highly talented individuals to help grow the company and achieve our ambitious goal. We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we strive hard to create the best possible working environment; a healthy mix of great technical work, fast pace, supportive atmosphere, and of course our irreverent sense of fun.
Thought Machine hires team members of excellent calibre in every role. While a lot will be asked of you, you will benefit greatly from working in a world class team, with colleagues who excel. Working at Thought Machine is fast paced and team oriented with an emphasis in delivering the highest quality work in every role.
Thought Machine’s clients range from Tier 1 banks to new market entrants, this means there is a significant amount of variation in our clients requirements in contractual terms, these range from commercial constructs for pricing, to our way of managing clients through the entire sales life cycle and a standardised product offering. The newly created Senior Commercial Negotiator role will responsible for the frictionless management of the contract negotiations of complex and unique clients on an on-going basis resulting in successful deal closure, optimisation of revenue recognition and promotion of long term sustainable business. This will be achieved through fostering strong partnerships with the Sales, Legal, Finance, Delivery and other teams as appropriate. In addition, this role will lead the creation of standardised templates, supporting materials and contract negotiation processes.
- Drive the completion of the Master Services Agreements, taking full ownership of the activity from the stage of agreeing Heads of Terms to signature and agreeing implementation dates
- Manage all responses during the negotiation phase to facilitate a successful and timely completion of the contractual arrangements with clients, to do this you will:
- Own senior relationships within the client (for example; procurement, legal, pricing, business leaders) required to negotiate and finalise the deal in terms acceptable to both parties
- Foster strong partnerships internally (e.g. Sales, Legal, Finance, Delivery) that enable you gain expert technical input, contractual advice and be able to drive swift and accurate resolution of issues raised in contractual negotiations
- Develop and implement contract negotiation and administration best practices, these will include but are not limited to understanding our position on and negotiation with clients / partners on:
- Service levels
- Liabilities and warranties
- Termination rights
- Regulation and compliance
- Policy adherence
- Build our standard templates, processes and supporting materials to managing our clients, based on current interactions, iterating as we build out our product and understand clients demands
- Experienced negotiator with clients ranging from SME’s to FTSE 100/Fortune 500
- Strong commercial acumen, built from experience in enterprise software licensing models and procurement processes and cycles implemented by global organisations.
- Builds trusted relationships with a wide range of stakeholders within the client ecosystem, ranging from senior executives, the legal, commercial and technical teams as well as with the internal sales teams.
- Highly collaborative, able to work across the business, building meaningful business relationships along the way, in order to achieve results at pace.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills - with an eye for detail
- Able to deliver on multiple activities at once by being organised, structured and relentlessly focussed on results
- Expert influencing skills, able to drive results through others across multiple domains
- Experience of large mission critical product implementations into large financial institutions from Vendor side - project profile: mission critical, large transaction volumes, large data migrations, complex system integrations, vendor product implementation
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure; dependable with deliverables and deadlines
- Knowledge of internal bank processes around retail banking/core banking/payments etc.
- Understanding and knowledge of current trends in technology, specifically in banking and fintech and be able to show thought leadership in this area
- Enterprise/Solution Architecture, specifically relating to retail banking/core banking/payments etc
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure and how large scale distributed software applications are architected and deployed to the clou
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare (including dental & optical)
- Other perks like sports clubs, healthy (and sometimes not so healthy) snacks, breakfast and drinks
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where you can learn and progress
- Friday team wrap up with drinks and food!
Thought Machine are committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who take a journey unique to them. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.