The role of communications executive is an important and crucial role within Thought Machine’s newly formed marketing function, offering an exciting and broad remit across the communication needs of a rapidly growing, high-tech start-up.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the role will be actively involved in the delivery of communications across the company with responsibilities across internal communications, brand and external communications.
The role holder will provide hands-on support in the design, development, planning and delivery of internal communications, working closely with our colleagues in HR and senior management to drive employee engagement on everything from our strategy and finances to our key priorities, projects and social activities.
In regards to external comms, you will play a vital role supporting our marketing strategies and campaigns, working with your colleagues to create great sales collateral, videos and website content, working with our subject matter experts to create articles that educate or interest our target audience and work closely with our PR agencies to create hooks and strategies that drive our positioning in the market place, build our brand and highlight our company as a great place to work.
· Creation and ownership of communications plans and schedules across a variety of channels and mediums
· Management and curation of our social media channels (mainly LinkedIn)
· Supporting HR on the creation of internal communications and execution of key internal employee events
· Establishing relationships with key stakeholders, management and subject matter experts and providing counsel on internal comms requirements and external marketing campaign support
· Driving our content generation, from writing news articles, press releases, thought leadership, sales collateral, website content and videos.
· Ambassador of the company’s brand identity and guidelines
· Support our industry analysts relations efforts
· Management of our communications agencies
· 3+ years of related experience
· Experience within a marketing/communications function preferred
· Great written English and proofreading skills with great accuracy and attention to detail
· Ability to create clear, crisp copy to a defined brief
· Good presentation skills
· Organised and adept project management
· Experience of working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining high quality outputs
· Mature demeanour, trustworthy of the most sensitive of company information
· Familiarity and comfort with a wide range of desktop productivity and publishing software
· Excellent communication skills and able to build rapport with a wide range of contacts