Thought Machine, one of the UK's leading fintech companies, is undergoing a period of rapid expansion and is looking to hire an ambitious Communications Executive.
Our mission is to cure one of the banking industry's primary problems: its reliance on outdated IT infrastructure. Nearly every bank is stuck on a legacy IT platform, which cripples their ability to innovate and give their customers the type of service they deserve.
Our solution to this is Vault: a complete retail banking platform that is capable of being configured easily to suit the needs of any bank. We have built Vault from the ground up as a cloud native, microservice API architecture platform. Thought Machine has a deep culture of engineering excellence, and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine is looking for highly talented individuals to help grow the company and achieve our ambitious goal. We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we strive hard to create the best possible working environment; a healthy mix of great technical work, fast pace, supportive atmosphere, and of course our irreverent sense of fun.
Thought Machine hires team members of excellent calibre in every role. While a lot will be asked of you, you will benefit greatly from working in a world class team, with colleagues who excel. Working at Thought Machine is fast paced and team oriented with an emphasis in delivering the highest quality work in every role.
The role of communications executive is an important and crucial role within Thought Machine’s newly formed marketing function, offering an exciting and broad remit across the communication needs of a rapidly growing, high-tech start-up.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the role will be actively involved in the delivery of communications across the company with responsibilities across internal communications, brand and external communications.
The role holder will provide hands-on support in the design, development, planning and delivery of internal communications, working closely with our colleagues in HR and senior management to drive employee engagement on everything from our strategy and finances to our key priorities, projects and social activities.
In regards to external comms, you will play a vital role supporting our marketing strategies and campaigns, working with your colleagues to create great sales collateral, videos and website content, working with our subject matter experts to create articles that educate or interest our target audience and work closely with our PR agencies to create hooks and strategies that drive our positioning in the market place, build our brand and highlight our company as a great place to work.
· Creation and ownership of communications plans and schedules across a variety of channels and mediums
· Management and curation of our social media channels (mainly LinkedIn)
· Supporting HR on the creation of internal communications and execution of key internal employee events
· Establishing relationships with key stakeholders, management and subject matter experts and providing counsel on internal comms requirements and external marketing campaign support
· Driving our content generation, from writing news articles, press releases, thought leadership, sales collateral, website content and videos.
· Ambassador of the company’s brand identity and guidelines
· Support our industry analysts relations efforts
· Management of our communications agencies
· 3+ years of related experience
· Experience within a marketing/communications function preferred
· Great written English and proofreading skills with great accuracy and attention to detail
· Ability to create clear, crisp copy to a defined brief
· Good presentation skills
· Organised and adept project management
· Experience of working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining high quality outputs
· Mature demeanour, trustworthy of the most sensitive of company information
· Familiarity and comfort with a wide range of desktop productivity and publishing software
· Excellent communication skills and able to build rapport with a wide range of contacts
Thought Machine are committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who taken a journey unique to them.. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.