Thought Machine is currently building out the People & Recruitment Teams to support our ambitious growth plans. This is a new role, reporting to the Lead HR Business Partner, with whom you’ll continue to develop policies and practices that enable employees to achieve and exceed their goals and fulfil their full potential. You will act as a coach and guide for managers across the commercial teams.
- Partnering with assigned business areas to understand and improve employee engagement, organisation structure, capability and culture.
- Own elements of the People Plan and work closely with the Lead HR Business Partner on projects including talent and performance management, pay and benefits, learning and development, career and progression and cultural during rapid headcount growth.
- Coach and support managers proactively to lead their teams, providing proactive advice and guidance
- Managing absence, disciplinary process, grievances, succession planning, conducting and analysing exit interviews and recommending changes
- Support inter-company transfer processes, including visa requirements, admin and on-boarding for employees relocating to other offices as we expand globally
- Building and reviewing HR processes throughout the employee life cycle to ensure they are a match for the culture, innovative and meet business requirements.
- Providing the Senior Management Team with insightful MI to inform and measure HR activity.
- A professional and commercial approach to HR
- Proven HR generalist experience in a business partner capacity
- High attention to detail
- CIPD accredited (or equivalent) qualification
- Excellent communication honed through business partnering/advisory roles and able to build rapport quickly
- Experienced in developing and supporting line managers through change
- An ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy is crucial
- Self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy or as part of a team
- Solid knowledge of employment legislation and its application
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Results-driven, resilient and resourceful
- Experience working in start-up/ scale-up businesses
- Have strong numeracy and excel skills, data literate
- Coaching qualification or the willingness to undertake
- Highly competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Private health insurance (including dental & optical)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Onsite gym
- Sports and hobby clubs, subsidised by Thought Machine
- All the latest tech you need
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Huge range of healthy (and not so healthy) snacks, smoothies, juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where we encourage learning and progress
- Weekly food pop up
- Monthly social with arcade games
Thought Machine is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who take a journey unique to them. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.