Thought Machine is solving one of the biggest problems in banking. Since launching in 2014, our mission has been to liberate banks from outdated, legacy technology which stifles their ability to innovate. Thought Machine’s core product is a cloud native, core banking engine built to run any type of bank - from established Tier 1 banks all the way to new challenger banks.
To move closer to achieving our mission, we are looking for highly talented individuals to join the fast growing team. With a founding team drawn from Google, we have a deep culture of engineering excellence and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine was recognised on LinkedIn’s Top Startups List (2019) and named in Fintech 50 (2019). We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we take cultural fit as important as technical fit when we make new hires. At Thought Machine, we strive hard to create a fast-paced, supportive and fun working environment to enable the team to produce the best technical work in the industry.
Thought Machine is looking for a Security Engineer to join their Threat Intelligence and Incident Response team. The engineer will join a rapidly growing security team responsible for designing, delivering and maintaining Thought Machine’s operational cybersecurity capabilities. The position would involve the use of a broad range of skills, including the development of tooling, forensic analysis, and offensive security testing.
- Develop and integrate security event monitoring and incident management services.
- Respond to security incidents as they occur as part of a 24/7 incident response rota, managing incident response throughout the incident lifecycle
- Implement metrics and dashboards to give visibility of Thought Machine’s security posture.
- Automate repeatable incident response workflows to minimise the amount of manual work required in incident response.
- Maintain documentation to ensure the repeatability and standardisation of incident response procedures.
- Conduct cyber forensics to support incident management, intelligence and any legal investigations
- Participate in root cause analysis of incidents in conjunction with engineers across the company.
- Conduct threat intelligence research to provide proactive protection against new threat vectors.
- Update and deliver training programmes on information security and privacy for staff and management
- Implement data loss prevention processes and technology
- Provide subject matter expertise on a broad range of information security standards and best practices.
- Offer strategic and tactical security guidance for IT projects, including the evaluation and recommendation of technical controls.
- Contribute to a programme of continuous risk assessment, intrusion detection and vulnerability review
- Proven experience working in security operations and incident management
- Significant development experience in at least one programming language
- Familiarity with cloud environments and Kubernetes
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, particularly written communication
- Highly competitive salary
- Pension plan (match up to 7%)
- Life Insurance- 3 times annual salary
- Excellent Maternity and Paternity leave
- Shared parental leave
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Private health insurance with Bupa for you and your family
- Health cash plan (including dental & optical)
- Flexible working hours
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Access to exceptional learning materials and courses
- Onsite gym, membership subsidised by Thought Machine
- Sports and hobby clubs, subsidised by Thought Machine
- All the latest tech you need
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Huge range of healthy (and not so healthy) snacks, smoothies, juice, tea, coffee, soft and alcoholic drinks on tap
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where we encourage learning and progress
- Weekly food pop up
- Monthly social with arcade games
Thought Machine is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who take a journey unique to them. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.