Thought Machine, one of the UK's leading fintech companies, is undergoing a period of rapid expansion and is looking to hire a number of candidates in the role of Solution Architect - Client Facing.
Thought Machine is solving one of the biggest problems in banking. Since launching in 2014, our mission has been to liberate banks from outdated, legacy technology which stifles their ability to innovate. Thought Machine’s core product is a cloud native, core banking engine built to run any type of bank - from established Tier 1 banks all the way to new challenger banks.
To move closer to achieving our mission, we are looking for highly talented individuals to join the fast growing team. With a founding team drawn from Google, we have a deep culture of engineering excellence and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine was recognised on LinkedIn’s Top Startups List (2019) and named in Fintech 50 (2019). We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we take cultural fit as important as technical fit when we make new hires. At Thought Machine, we strive hard to create a fast-paced, supportive and fun working environment to enable the team to produce the best technical work in the industry.
Solution Architecture in Thought Machine is a multi-disciplinary role spanning across multiple domains. Focused on client delivery, Solution Architects are responsible for helping clients define their current and target state architecture, and crucially, figuring out how to get there.
- Technical discovery and product enhancement. This plays an important role in feeding into product development at Thought Machine.
- Interfacing with internal and external stakeholders
- Reason about complex problems in distributed computing environments and be able to effectively communicate trade-offs from one architecture to the next - both internally and to our client base, where necessary.
- Champion Vault to both existing clients as well as in pre-sales engagements, this not only requires a strong technical background but also domain knowledge within the field of financial services, specifically, core banking.
- Strong technical background, ideally experienced in more than one programming paradigms
- Experience working with distributed systems
- Familiar with new and emerging technologies such as Kubernetes, Kafka, Istio and NewSQL databases.
- Strong knowledge of established patterns in architecture, such as stability patterns/anti-patterns, event-based architecture, CQRS and process orchestration.
- Familiar with the CAP theorem and understand various levels of consistency such as linearizability vs serializability.
- Knowledge of established and emerging approaches for achieving high availability and disaster recovery, including running systems across multi AZ, multi region and multi-cloud vendor environments.
- Strong client-facing skills with the ability to defend and communicate effectively a technical position to a room of skilled client architects.
- Experience of working with multiple business stakeholders to ensure a coherent architectural story is being told from pre-sales through to implementation in engineering
- Domain knowledge in financial services/core banking
- Highly competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Private health insurance (including dental & optical)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Onsite gym
- Sports and hobby clubs, subsidised by Thought Machine
- All the latest tech you need
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Huge range of healthy (and not so healthy) snacks, smoothies, juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where we encourage learning and progress
- Weekly food pop up
- Monthly social with arcade games
Thought Machine is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who take a journey unique to them. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.